An excellent opportunity has just opened up in the South West for an experienced Senior Project Manager, Signalling.
Lead the execution of signalling projects.
Manage monitoring the projects in the delegated portfolio to achieve the company programme for project delivery of signalling equipment and in compliance with the signalling testing and commissioning standards and procedures.
Manage the process and acceptance of the signalling systems so that they are safely placed into service.
1. Provide technical and management guidance to test and commissioning engineers.
2. Manage the provision of specialist testing and commissioning guidance to the project team
3. Manage and resolve signalling testing and commissioning issues with national implications and liaise with the professional specialists and delivery teams regarding their resolution.
4. Manage the production and acceptance of project handover/ handback and testing strategies and plans.
5. In conjunction with the professional specialists, identify and spread consistent best practice in the application of testing and commissioning techniques.
6. Manage the processes and acceptances required to ensure a successful commissioning thereby ensuring signalling systems are placed safely into service.
7. Review and where applicable endorse, non-compliance applications relating to testing and commissioning prior to submission for acceptance.
8. Review and coordinate the closure of deferred test logs and commissioning activities to provide input to project close out reports.
9. Lead investigations of incidents relating to the testing and commissioning process where required.
10. Manage, leading as required, engineering verification activities as directed in support of the project
– Chartered Engineer with substantial relevant experience with relevant successful experience of Programme Management within the Railway Industry or other complex engineering industries/projects.
– Experience of leading railway engineering design & development works.
– Knowledge of industry standards relating assets
– Membership of an appropriate Professional Institution.
– CDM competence, risk assessment, internal & external auditing competency.
– An ability to work and communicate effectively in a team context.
– An understanding of risk assessment techniques
– Six Sigma Yellow Belt
– Yellow Book trained
Our client is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. They stand apart for their ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of their performance, the enduring quality of their projects, the strength of their ethics, and the seriousness of their commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything they do.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Matrax is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org