Experience in rail essential (ideally NR)
• Experience of programme controls – able to control the cost to volume at a business level
• Managing teams – a team of x 5 will be reporting to this person
• Reporting – period business review
• Able to report stakeholder
• Managing works delivery programme covering all disciplines – & challenging the works delivery team
• Membership of a relevant professional body with Chartered Status and/or educated to degree level – experience vital
To lead, review and enable the efficient delivery of the Project Control lifecycle in all major elements of the regional programmes. To lead the establishment of a programme of work supporting successful project delivery through effective integration of Planning, Cost Management and Risk & Value Management activities. To drive improved predictability and delivery efficiencies through effective project performance measurement, evaluation and intervention activities
• Provide leadership to the Programme in relation to the effective execution of the Project Control Lifecycle.
• Manage the integration of the control services within the programme reviewing the level of service support is suitable for each project in development and/or delivery.
• Challenge all aspect of project/programme performance to determine causes of variance from plan.
• Lead the formulation of corrective action plans and lead discussions with senior members of the Programme Team, and confirm their suitability and monitor effective implementation.
• Engage with the programme’s executive team to provide functional governance and efficient value adding services.
• Lead the management of the change control process within the geographic area.
• Provide co-ordination and visibility of in-year and future projects within the geographic area setting interface management process with stakeholders.
If this opportunity looks suitable and is of interest, please contact Ross.email@example.com for more information