This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Civil Engineer to work in the central Engineering team for Western and Wales Region based in Swindon, to enable the successful delivery of extensive multi-disciplined works across the region in the next 6 years. This will include projects such as Electrification of the Great Western Main Line and connecting lines, introduction of a new fleet of Intercity Express Passenger trains and future control of the signalling system with the introduction of the European Train Control System (ETCS) and Traffic Management system.
We are looking for the following position within this new team to work under the direction of the Head of Engineering. They will be leading and managing engineers across the Region to ensure that all of the planned works are integrated, compatible and technical assured from an engineering perspective.
Providing strategic direction to all discipline engineers on engineering initiatives, design, equipment, systems development, construction and maintenance to improve asset condition and to ensure that all projects can be delivered from an engineering aspect.
To lead and manage engineering within the discipline across the Region. Responsible for ensuring all the project teams are working to the regional engineering strategy which will be agreed between the Principal Engineer and the RAM and development of tools and methods to raise programme and industry efficiency.
Key aspects of the role include:
– Derive the engineering strategy with the RAM’s in Western and Wales
– Accountable for delivery of the strategy within each of the project teams across Western and Wales
– Accountable for technical verification and demonstration that each of the teams are delivering against the strategy
– Responsible for the technical integration of the works across Western and Wales and across disciplines
– Lead the briefing of standards, specifications
– Responsible for ensuring all engineers have the relevant authority to work
– Identify opportunities to improve project deliverables and costs
– Auditing and developing the hazard logs to include CDM, CSM and maintenance hazards.
– Identify opportunities for technological innovation, instigating and capitalising on research. Establish the business case, including risk analysis, for the further development of initiatives.
– Provide expert technical advice on dicipline issues and systems to Western and Wales
– Have the ability to develop the experts and support them in presentation to third parties e.g ORR
– Lead Engineering verification activities to enable Western and Wales to demonstrate that all projects and programmes of works are integrated and compatible
– To lead and manage a programme of tools and process development in support of continuous improvement in engineering design and delivery both within Western and Wales
– Undertake final approval to request derogations to standards through tracker
Key requirements for the role:
– Chartered Engineer
– Experience in both maintenance and projects
– Experience of leading assurance activities
– Sound knowledge of policies, standards and legislation
– Knowledge of the engineering safety management and hazard management processes
– Significant relevant technology experience
– Sound understanding of the principles of business case analysis
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me for an informal chat on 01275390600