Optimise and coordinate the annual and quarterly work plans to support efficient delivery of maintenance and project work within the delivery unit.
This is an exciting time to join Network Rail. We’re passionate about great service and commit to our service equation vision by “putting passengers first”. Performance, safety and getting the fundamental basics right, is something we strive for as well as asking ourselves – what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do?
With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key
You will be part of the NW&C Region which consist of three routes:
• North West Route, covering Manchester, Liverpool, Lancashire and Cumbria.
• Central Route, covering the West Midlands and Chiltern areas.
• West Coast South Route, covering the south of Crewe to London Euston.
• There is also a Regional Team which supports Regional Major Programmes & Professional services.
We are looking for talented people from all backgrounds to join our journey and move us forward by having a rewarding career, the right lifestyle balance and great benefits in a caring environment. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider flexible working applications. If we can make it work – we will!
1. Produce annual and quarterly work plans that coordinate and optimise the use of labour, access, plant, tools and materials.
2. Identify and request critical access and resource requirements for items included in the annual and quarterly plans.
3. Monitor and report on work efficiency and unit costs of work volume delivery against the annual and quarterly plans, identifying the causes of variance.
• Dealing with medium to long term planning
• Stafford delivery unit – covering Stafford, Nuneaton & Stoke
• Ideally good geographic knowledge
PPS is essential
• Work plan production and resource coordination and optimisation skills
• Knowledge of access and possession planning processes and systems – PPS essential – possession planning system experience to input work sites
• NROL experience – useful
• Project experience but have PPS
• Rail – useful
• Good analytical skills
• Good interpersonal, communication and organisation skills
• MS suite – excel skills
• Representing the delivery unit at route are planning meetings
• Able to chair an internal planning meeting
• Knowledge of maintenance delivery processes and techniques