The base location for this role can either be Birmingham or Manchester however a lot of the role is currently being worked remotely. There may be on occasion times when you will need to attend team meetings in the office.
You’ll provide a professional property service in the estate management of a light maintenance depot and franchised stations portfolio. To professionally manage internal and external customer and other stakeholder relationships for complex contractual, statutory and regulatory issues affecting the portfolio and act as the first point of contact on matters relating to the roles and responsibilities of the client and the relevant Operators and stakeholders.
You’ll be joining an incredibly talented team with vast knowledge and expertise that will offer great support and mentoring. Current cases include involvement in the creation of new LMD sites to support the introduction of new rolling stock along with regulating occupation of the network to coincide with Licence Conditions in support of LMD services.
What will you be doing?
- Deliver a range of professional property services for both internal and external stakeholders in respect to the franchised estate and light maintenance depots dealing with and liaising on such matters as: acquisition, compensation claims, leases, surrenders, under lettings, and temporary use of land for operational purposes..
- Take responsibility for Regulatory processes directing and liaising on projects and programmes. Manage the portfolio to maximum efficiency, delivering business objectives in terms of cost savings, income generation and asset management, in line with the clients business aims, safety requirements and legal obligations. Manage credit control and costs, including abatement or other claims.
- Instruct and manage relationships with industry partners, including solicitors, to deliver optimum value of developments and agreements. Facilitate and support major estate management initiatives, Route Utilisation Strategies, coordinating with other specialist teams and stakeholders, including franchise replacement, lease renewal, and enhancement programmes.
- Govern the Access Contracts, providing the Route with regulatory and technical guidance in relation to the franchised property and light maintenance depots. Represent Route Businesses in relevant liaison and delivery forums for each relevant customer such as Train Operating Companies and Depot Operators.
- Implement Route Businesses solutions in support of delivery of a safe working environment and a safe rail system and make sustainability a key element of all activities being delivered.
- Manage the process so that all relevant customer/tenant billing in relation to the portfolio is identified and captured on Horizon. Identify opportunities for increasing the property rent across the portfolio. Identify and investigate opportunities for cost savings, income generation and capital growth and minimise claims received under the Access Conditions.
- Identify and share areas of best practice and learnings throughout the team and across the Routes, promoting and supporting continuous improvement activities.
- Provide solutions to problems and issues relating to the interpretation and application of the roles and responsibilities of both the client and relevant customers / tenants under the Access Conditions. Be accountable for checking that all property transactions affecting the franchised estate and light maintenance depots are properly documented in a timely manner and no claims relating to breach of Licence Conditions are raised.
- Provide consistent and professional advice in determining the most effective approach to project property requirements where affecting the franchised estate and light maintenance depots including station change, minor modification, full closure and financial claims under co-operation agreements.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent financial and commercial skills
- MRICS qualified or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Understanding of the rail industry and rail legislation
- Full Driving Licence
- Proven negotiation skills
- Good presentation skills
- Horizon is Property database so this would be an advantage
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if this could be of interest