General Job Description
To ensure that the scope of works and interfaces are tested, commissioned and delivered into service in support of the overall Crossrail Testing and Commissioning Plans and strategy project requirements for safety, time, cost and quality.
Position Duties / Responsibilities
– In conjunction with the contractors produce an integration railway testing and commissioning plan and procedures to meet the requirements of the project
– Contribute to the overall Crossrail railway Testing and Commissioning strategy and plans
– Provides input to project management, engineering, and construction to ensure startup requirements are incorporated into project activities, including review of project designs and construction to ensure plant operability and operating personnel safety.
– Coordinate and manage the rail Testing and Commissioning activities with the Crossrail contractors to ensure an integrated approach to test & commissioning
– Coordinate and manage the Testing and Commissioning activities with the D&B consortiums to ensure an integrated approach to the railway test & commissioning
– Providing testing input into the Crossrail programme of works
– Managing the testing and commissioning programme in conjunction with the D&B contractors through to handover of assets
– Checking that testing activities involving stakeholders are coordinated with contractors
– Monitoring the definition of technical assurance requirements(testing certification) and production of assurance deliverables by the Contractors; facilitating the acceptance of certification in a progressive manner
– Managing testing interfaces (internal and external) with the Crossrail contractors and D&B consortiums and other disciplines and systems as appropriate
– Checking that testing activities undertaken by contractors are in accordance with relevant rules
– Acting as a focal point for all Testing and commissioning aspects for Crossrail
– Professional qualifications in electrical or mechanical engineering or an associated discipline.
– Substantial supervisory/leadership experience
– Engineering experience in railway systems
– Broad understanding of ATC/CBTC systems
– Experience in testing and commissioning of railway
– Good communication skills
– Good knowledge of railway regulations and standards
– Familiar with railway operational requirements
– Excellent communications and interpersonal skills