In this role you will manage the conformance assessment of new or modified railway equipment, systems and vehicles with mandatory standards and associated safety management activities. To act as an independent assessor under the relevant regulations.
1. Manage the assessment and/or certification of railway equipment and systems for conformance with mandatory requirements. Manage other associated safety assurance activities.
2. Manage the assessment and/or certification of railway equipment and systems for conformance with mandatory requirements. Manage other associated safety assurance activities.
3. Act as assessor in the conformance assessment of railway projects and products as required by applicable legislation or industry regulations. Produce assessment reports and certification.
4. Provide conformance assessment and certification expertise and advice to customers and stakeholders.
5. Produce guidance on the application of the standards and legislation relevant to determining railway conformance.
6. Identify relevant standards for use in railway conformance, making customers aware of all relevant requirements. Make recommendations for changes to UK and international standards.
7. Prepare submissions to external approval bodies on behalf of customers and represent customers at panels and in discussion with those organisations.
8. Plan, manage and carry out audits of clients as part of providing assurance or certification of their activities.
• Incorporated Engineer, or equivalent level of engineering experience
• Corporate member of a relevant Engineering Institution
• Degree in a relevant subject or substantial experience in lieu
• Substantial relevant rail infrastructure or rail vehicle assurance experience • Commercial awareness and experience in a customer facing role
• Capable of communication at senior level in the UK and Europe
• Thorough understanding of applicable UK and international standards